Do you always wonder how to prepare healthier and delicious homecooked meals for your family? Fret not! Today I am sharing with you some simple and quick ideas on how to whip up yummy 3 meals .... yes breakfast, lunch and dinner for your love ones!
Hearty Breakfast : stuffed pesto cheese portobello, sunny side up, sausages & garden salad
My kids could not get enough of these creamy and cheesy stuffed mini portebello! Love the creamy pesto with zucchini as the kids unknowingly consume more greens without fussing. ^-^
- 200gm mini Portobello
- 1/2 cup Alce Nero Organic pesto with zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful of shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove stem of portobello and gently scrap away the gills.
- Toss the portobello evenly with olive oil and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place portobello, round side down, on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 5 mins.
- Remove from oven. Scoop pesto evenly onto portobello caps and sprinkle cheese over.
- Return to oven and continue to bake for another 5 mins till cheese melted.
Garden salad with red dragon fruit drizzled over with simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette
Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Balasmic Vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 tbsp Alce Nero Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine ingredients in a small jar. Seal the jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Use immediately or let it sit in fridge for a few hours for the flavours to develop.
Simple One Pot Lunch : One Pot Bacon & Tomato Pasta
Our all time favourite pasta meal! It's even wonder as it only required one pot to prepare this tomato based pasta meaning lesser pots for washing up! ^0^
One Pot Bacon & Tomato Pasta
- 5 rashes streaky bacon, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 250gm Alce Nero Organic Penne Rigate
- 450ml chicken stock
- 500gm Alce Nero Organic Chunky Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat some olive oil in a deep pan and brown the bacon. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the diced onion and saute briefly. Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add stock and gently scrap the bottom of the pan to release the brown bits.
- Add in tomato puree and bring to boil.
- Add in penne and stir to mix evenly with the sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 mins, or until the penne is al dente. The sauce would have thickened slightly as well from the starch that was released from the pasta was cooking. Add chilli flakes, salt & pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat. Ladle pasta into individual serving plate, top with bacon, parsley and grated parmesan. Serve immediately.
Quick Dinner : Sweet Balsamic Pork with Coleslaw
Besides using balsamic vinegar as salad dressing, it works well as marination too! Tangy and sweet taste which helps to cut down the oiliness feel of any meat dishes.
- 2 x 150gm pork shoulder steaks
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Alce Nero organic balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Alce Nero wild flower honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250gm white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- Place pork steaks between 2 plastic sheet. Bash them with a rolling pin to make them thinner.
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, honey and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add pork and coat them well with the seasoning. Marinate for at least 10 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare the slaw by combining all the ingredients. Chill in fridge.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle pan and cook the pork for about 5 mins on each side until throughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and place the pork steaks on a serving plate. Serve with prepared coleslaw.
Thanks for the wholesome organic products by Alce Nero!