This is another baked buttermilk chicken dish. Sound similar to my previous post but actually they are completely different. This chicken drumstick is moist and tender, infused with smoky bacon flavours. The original recipe did not include the bacon. I just wanted to clear the bacon therefore tried this wrapping method and it turned out really well!
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 12 slices bacon
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a large ziplog bag and add in buttermilk and oil.
- Add the crushed garlic, crushed pepper, salt, cumin and honey.
- Seal the bag and squish everything in the bag to mix the marinade and coat the chicken. Best marinate overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg cel. Take the chicken pieces out of the bag, shaking off the excess marinade. Wrap each drumstick with a slice of bacon. Place drumstick on a lined baking sheet, bake for 30-35 mins or until the bacon is golden brown and drumsticks are cooked through.
Recipe ref : 'Nigella Express' by Nigella Lawson