Wanting to clear my homemade lemon curd before it turns bad. At the same time I'm craving for some simple butter cake, so here's a freshly baked lemony madeira cake just nice for tea!
Love its subtle lemon taste in every each bite. Moist and tender crumbs too!
- 150gm butter, softened
- 120gm fine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 225gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 heaps tbsp lemon curd
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Sift over flour and baking soda and fold till just combined.
- Fold in 4 tbsp lemon curd.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan. Drizzle remaining 1 tbsp lemon curd over the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 60 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.