Such a wonderful cooling weather as it has been raining for the past 2 days! Hope this kind of nice weather continue for the coming days :D So let's have something hot and spicy food today! Never know that this Korean bean paste stew is such a simple dish to prepare. Such a hearty meal to enjoy in this rainy day.
Recipe ref : beyondkimchee.com
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 2 cups rice starch water*
- 6 large dried anchovies
- 3" piece dried kelp
- 2 heap tbsp Doenjang, soybean paste
- 120gm soft tofu, cubed
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 tsp Korean chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 120gm enoki mushroom
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
* rice starch water : rinse rice once and drain. Add 1 cup water and toss with the rice again. The water will turn milk-like. Add another 1 cup water and swirl again. Drain and reserve the starch water.
- Heat a medium claypot over medium high heat. Dry fry the anchovies for 1 min until fragrant.
- Pour in starch water. Add dried kelp and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 mins. Discard anchovies and kelp.
- Add soybean paste to the stock. Add in onion, zucchini, chilli flakes and bring to boil.
- Add tofu, garlic, chilli and cook for 2 mins on medium heat.
- Lastly add in enoki mushroom and spring onion. Remove pot from heat and serve hot with rice.