Not a typical traditional Korean dish. I prepared this omelette dish for my family as we love any kind of omelette, kimchi and cheese. As expected this Kimchi Cheddar Omelette was well received by all of us. 맛있어요 ma-si-sseo-yo!! ^0^
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Napa Kimchi, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten (add pinch of salt & pepper)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 tbsp sesame oil and saute spring onion briefly.
- Add in chopped kimchi and fry for 2 mins. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add in remaining sesame oil. Pour in beaten eggs. Cook till the edge is set and middle is still slightly creamy.
- Sprinkle cheese over the omelette and cover the pan. Turn off stove heat and let it residue heat to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese has melted, place kimchi mixture over half of the omelette. Fold into half and carefully slide the omelette onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with more spring onion and chilli flakes before serving.