Instead of usual rice/porridge/noodle for lunch, I've made some healthy tasty quinoa patties for my family. The patties are packed with healthy ingredients like broccoli, mushroom and black fungus...no meat added! Glad that the kids accepted it well and managed to polish up their servings without any complaints :P
Recipe ref : Kitchen Snippets
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (I've used mixture of red & white quinoa cooked in vegetable broth)
- 2 eggs
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 60gm blanched broccoli, chopped
- 4 fresh shiitake mushroom, diced
- 40gm softened black fungus, chopped
- 1 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Chill the mixture for 15 mins in fridge.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 2 tbsp oil. Form the mixture into small patties and place into the pan. Pan fry the patties until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove patties and drain well on kitchen paper. Serve warm or at room temperature.