As promised to my kids, I've made this chicken tenders wrap for them. hahaha I refused to buy one for them when they saw a similar chicken wrap from some fast food restaurant. Rather then spending over $4 just for a miserable wrap, is so much economical and healthier to make some at home :D Besides the chicken tenders wrap, I've also made some creamy potato corn soup to complete this hearty meal.
Ingredients for the creamy soup
Creamy Potato Corn SoupIngredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 350gm sweetcorn kernels
- 400ml chicken stock
- 200ml dairy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and potato and sauté for five minutes, until softened.
- Add 200gm sweetcorn kernels and continue to cook for two more minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for five minutes, until the potato has cooked through.
- Cool slightly and blend in a food processor till mixture smooth. Transfer mixture back into the pot.
- Add in remaining 150gm sweet corn kernels. Bring to boil, stir in the cream, add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve.
Golden Chicken Tenders
Spread mayonnaise over a warmed wrap, topped with cheese slices, fresh lettuce & tomatoes, finally top with a slice of fried chicken tenders, roll up and serve!
Crispy Chicken Tenders
- 300gm chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 125gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- Combine the chicken tenders with all the marinade ingredients in a ziplog bag. Seal the bag tightly and smash it around to ensure the chicken tenders are evenly coated with the buttermilk and seasoning. Chill overnight.
- For the coating : combine flour, pepper, garlic powder and baking powder in a bowl, whisk well to incorporate.
- Add in buttermilk and stir with a fork to combine.
- Line a baking sheet. Remove chicken tenders from the marinade and toss into the flour mixture. Press the chicken firmly into the breading. Place the coated tenders on the baking sheet.
- Heat some oil in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, slide in coated tenders into the hot oil, in batches. Cook until they are golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain well on kitchen papers.