It is actually very easy to homemake basic white creamy pasta sauce at home! Have you try it before? The taste is definitely way better than those off-shelves one. I am always happy to make this kind of creamy pasta for my family as they will polish up their plates within minutes and always ask for a second helping :D
Browning the bacon and mushroom, removed from pan followed by making the base of the roux
Stirring in the cream, cheese and crisp bacon & mushroom, the rich and creamy white sauce is ready to toss into cooked pasta!
Recipe modified from : tasteandtellblog.com
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushroom
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 60gm plain flour
- 375ml chicken stock (dissolve 1/2 chicken stock cube with water)
- 200ml whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 500gm lingunie or your choice of pasta
- chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water then drain the pasta. Keep warm in the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and add in chopped mushroom. Pan fry till mushroom is softened and brown. Remove mushroom from pan.
- Add the butter into the pan and cook it till melted. Whisk in flour gradually, stirring constantly and cook for about 2 min till lightly brown.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock and cream. Stirring constantly and cook till sauce is thickened.
- Add in Parmesan and stir until well melted. Stir in bacon and mushroom. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the pot of pasta. Mix evenly. Add in pasta water as needed to thin out the sauce if desired.
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley.