I got a pack of fresh wakame from my mother-in-law and happened to come across this recipe by Shirley Tay. Decided to give this a try since my kids love prawn and eggs! As the fresh wakame is rather salty, it has to be rinsed a few times to reduce the saltiness. Not much seasoning is needed while cooking the omelette, just add some salt sparingly with dash of pepper and sesame oil. Fresh, crunchy prawn embedded in the flavourful omelette which the kids love to bits and disappeared in no time when served.
Recipe ref: Shirley Tay of Luxury Haven
- 5 eggs
- 10 medium prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup Nori Wakame
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- chopped spring onion for garnishing
- Marinate prawns lightly with salt & pepper, set aside.
- Rinse wakame about 5-6 times to reduce saltiness. Cut up the seaweed and set aside.
- Beat eggs with wakame, salt, pepper and sesame oil till well combine.
- Grease Happy Call Pan (HCP) with oil and sauté garlic till fragrant. Add prawn and fry till they are half cooked. Dish up and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture into HCP and add in prawns. Cover lid and cook on low fire for about 1 min until base is golden brown and top is slightly set. Loosen the edge with a spatula, close lid.
- Flip pan over and cook for another 1-2 min till golden brown.
- Flip pan again and turn off heat. Cool down slightly before slicing and serve.