With a few ripen bananas leftover and don't feel like doing any baking, therefore they are turned into banana jam instead :D It can be used to spread on toast, served over pancakes or the simplest way... dip into plain cookies :D
- 300gm ripen bananas
- 120gm fine sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla paste
- 60gm white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Cut bananas into 1 cm cube. Place the bananas with the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla into a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat till mixture bring to rolling boil.
- Stirring frequently to prevent the mixture from scorching. Skim away the scums that floats to the surface.
- Stirring and cook for 30 mins till the jam thickens. Toss in chopped white chocolate and turn off heat. Using the residue heat, stir till the white chocolate is well dissolved with the jam.
- Transfer the hot jam into a warm and sterilized jar and seal the bottle immediately.
- Sealed jar can be stored in room temp for at least 6 mths. Chill the jam upon opening, use it up within 1-2 weeks time.