Finally made this lovely golden pumpkin cheesecake which I've bookmarked for a very long! I really like the coloured contrast of this pumpkin cheesecake. It looked very outstanding by using Oreo cookies as the base which compliment the golden hue of the cheesecake. Smooth and creamy texture with hint of pumpkin flavour which was well received by my kids :D
Recipe source : honeybee sweets
Ingredient (7" round)
- 137gm Oreo cookie, cream removed
- 50gm melted butter
Cream Cheese Filling
- 200gm steamed pumpkin cubes (I've used Australian pumpkin)
- 250gm cream cheese, room temperature
- 70gm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 70gm sour cream
- 100ml double cream
- 25gm Hong Kong flour
- Crushed oreo cookies finely and mix together with melted butter.
- Press the cookie mixture into a greased 7" removal base cake pan.
- Wrap the base of the pan with aluminium foil for water bathe baking later. Chill in fridge till needed.
- Using a electric whisk, beat cream cheese, pureed pumpkin and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Add in sour cream and double cream and mix at low speed.
- Sieve in flour and beat well till no visible of flour.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Using a toothpick to swirl around the batter to remove trapped air bubbles.
- Water bathe bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15 mins, lower temperature to 180 deg cel and bake for another 50 mins or until the surface is not wobbly any more.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve chill.