Chinese Lunar New Year is just 3 weeks away! Have you started your spring cleaning and preparation for the coming festive season? I've done most the the major cleaning, hopefully next week I can start with my CNY cookies baking! Aside with the cookies baking, are you feeling lost on what CNY dishes to prepare for your family? Prawn is one the favourite food served over the reunion dinner. Rather than the usual stirring frying, try this braised prawn glass noodles which is effortlessly to prepare and taste awesomely delicious!
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 12 large prawns, shells on and legs removed
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander stems
- 1/2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 200gm glass noodles, soak till softened
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp hua tio jiu
- chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok. Add in prawns and fry, turning once, until they just turn pink. Remove prawns and set aside.
- With remaining oil in wok, saute garlic, coriander stems & shallots until fragrant and garlic is golden.
- Add in seasoning and water and bring to boil.
- Add in glass noodle and mix evenly. Toss in prawns and simmer for another 3 mins until liquid has reduced slightly. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the noodles into a warmed claypot. Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and my little favourite DIY , hosted by Annie from My Bare Cupboard with January 2015 theme - Noodles and Pasta..