Let's chase away this Monday blues with this chocolaty and moist pecan brownies! Great with along a glass of cold milk or for a more sinful treat, top with a huge dollop of vanilla ice-cream!
- 80gm dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 90gm unsalted butter
- 80gm plain flour
- 30gm cocoa powder
- 3 tsp Nescafe coffee granules
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150gm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 50ml sour cream
- 1 cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolates chips for topping
- 12 whole toasted pecans for topping
- In a medium bowl combine butter and chocolate. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally till chocolate is well dissolved. Cool down slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream and whisk till mixture is smooth. Add chocolate mixture and stir till will combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, coffee granules and salt over, fold lightly till well blended. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into a fully lined pan and spread evenly. Press whole pecan lightly on top of the batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips over.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins. Leave brownies in pan to cool. Cut into 12 squares .
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone September 2014 Event Theme: Chocolate Wonderland hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom.