Waving my magic wand in the kitchen again....Strawberry Magic Custard Cake! hehehe....I'm just using the usual Magic Custard Cake I've did previously, replaced the milk with strawberry flavoured milk and added a teaspoon of strawberry paste. Sweet looking! I actually like it when its still warm as the custard layer tasted wobbly soft. Chilling it though makes it easier for slicing but the custard turned slightly dense. Anyway it is still a lovely custard cake to enjoy :)
- 120gm unsalted butter
- 500ml strawberry milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 120gm icing sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 120gm plain flour
- 1 tsp strawberry paste
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Lightly grease and fully line a 8" square pan with baking paper slightly overhang the edge of the pan.
- Melt butter and set aside and cool down slightly. Warm the milk to lukewarm and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites till stiff peak formed. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar till light and creamy. Beat in melted butter and water for about 2 mins until evenly incorporated.
- Sift in flour and beat until combined. Slowly beat in milk and vanilla paste. Mixture will be watery.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites, 1/3 at a time. Fold in till all whites are evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 mins until the top is golden brown, or a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the pan and cool down completely on wire rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving. Best serve chill.