Brussel Sprouts is one of the most uncommon vegetable which I rarely prepared for my kids. It actually took quite some for me to love this vegetable too. So far the tastiest brussels sprouts dish I've done should be this Mushroom & Brussel Sprouts Hash with Eggs! Another wholesome delicious way for breakfast. I don't mind to prepare this if I get hold of some brussels sprouts again and hopefully the kids will learn to love this green too!
Recipe ref : closetcooking.com
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 2 bacon rashes, diced
- 200gm fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 400gm brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan. Saute onion and garlic till fragrant.
- Add in bacon and stir fry till lightly brown at the edge. Toss in mushroom and stir fry on medium low heat, about 10mins till mixture is fairly dried.
- Add in rosemary and brussels sprouts and saute till tender, about 5 mins. Let sit until the bottoms start to caramelise, about 5 mins, mix everything up, let sit for another 5 mins and mix again. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Create 4 small wells in the hash, add the eggs. Cover the pan and cook the eggs until desired level of doneness. Serve immediately with toast.
And I'm submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.