This is a healthy light lunch which I've prepared just for myself! :D The kids do eat quinoa but only when its mixed into their rice or porridge. I really like this salad as its packed with protein, fibre, iron, calcium etc....indeed a complete healthy meal to enjoy ^0^
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 2 egg (cooked into omelette and sliced)
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1/4 cup Japanese cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup edamame beans, cooked and shelled
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside to let the flavours develop.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a mixing bowl. Drizzle half of the dressing (remaining can be stored in fridge) and toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.