Using my favourite Lemon Cupcake recipe & Lemon Curd recipe and top with crisp meringue. Moist, fluffy and zesty sponge cake, topped with sweet sourish lemon curd and crisp pillowy meringue...I could only say WOW!!! The tastiest cupcakes I've ever made! The only thing is the single swirl meringue looked rather flat. It should have looked much prettier if I've pipe a taller meringue ;)
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 100gm castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 115gm self raising flour
- 1/5 tsp baking soda
- 1 heap tsp freshly lemon zests
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- adequate lemon curd
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 80gm sugar
- Sift flour & baking soda in a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients, beat till smooth & pale for 3 mins.
- Spoon batter into cupcases 1/2 full. Baked in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10mins until the cupcakes are well risen.
- When the cupcakes are near to end of baking time, beat egg whites till foamy. Add in sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak formed. You can fill it into a piping bag or just spoon randomly over the cupcakes.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven. Spread a dollop of lemon curd over the half-baked cupcakes, then pipe the meringue on top of the lemon curd.
- Return to oven and continue to bake for 12-15 mins until the cupcakes are cooked through and the meringue is crisp and slightly golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack completely before serving.