If you are a fan of coconut, I'm pretty sure you will like this lovely butter coconut pound cake! Unlike the usual butter cake I've attempted, this cake batter was very very runny and therefore it took longer time to bake through. Though the combination of butter and coconut milk sounds very rich, the taste of the cake actually turned out very light with soft and moist crumbs!
Recipe source : www.khmerkromrecipes.com
- 125gm butter, melted
- 200gm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla paste
- 125ml coconut milk
- 250gm plain flour
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and melted butter till creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time and beat for about 2 mins.
- Add in baking powder, salt, vanilla and coconut milk and beat briefly.
- Sift in flour and fold in together with grated coconut till well combined. Batter will be runny.
- Pour batter into a lined 9" x 5" loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 60mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.