I like simple rich butter cake :) But sometimes will try out different flavours for a change, like this combination of coffee & oreo, sounds interesting? Ooooooo the fragrant of this butter cake is so irresistible while baking that I can't wait to savour it! A great tasty cake to enjoy with a cuppa of coffee/tea to start the day :)
- 250gm salted butter
- 150gm sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 250gm plain flour
- 5gm baking powder
- 100ml fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp coffee emulco
- 50gm oreo cookies, cream removed & crushed
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar till creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and baking powder over, alternate with milk. Fold till well combined.
- Divide batter into 2 portions. Add in coffee emulco and cookies into a portion and mix well.
- Spoon 2 batters, alternately into a lined 7" cake pan. Level the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (June 2014 Event: Butter) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jozelyn Ng (Spice Up My Kitchen)