It all started when my boy discovered a cake recipe in one of his favourite storybook 'Geronimo Stilton'. So I've promised him that I will teach him to make it during his school holidays! Promise fulfilled! hehehe....He independently involved most of cake making process (Mummy became the assistant), and I helped him to put the cake into the hot oven and unmoulding it :) I actually asked him on how he wanted to decorate his cake and he suggested a chocolate drizzle. So he did a simple chocolate drizzling over it, simple and elegant looking, isn't it? ^0^
Have you ever try baking with your kiddos? It is a great bonding process and good training for them to be patient (need to follow the instructions step by step). Yes at the end of the day it will be rather messy in the kitchen but the experience is worth it when you see them enjoying the process :)
My inspired Junior Masterchef at work! ^0^ This is not the first time he is trying to mess around the kitchen :) He has tried baking simple cookies and muffins before. Now I'm slowly introduce him to more challenging recipes :) hehehe He's a lefties, so at times it is awkward for me to guide him on how to handle all the baking equipments.
- 160gm digestive biscuit, crushed finely
- 70gm melted butter
- 2 x 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 100gm granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 200gm light sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine digestive biscuit crumbs with melted butter evenly. Spread crumbs evenly into a 8" round removable cake pan (wrapped the base with foil). Press down the base firmly using the back of a spoon. Chill in fridge for at least 30mins.
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat over medium speed till creamy and light.
- Beat in sugar until sugar is well dissolved.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time till evenly incorporated. Beat in vanilla.
- Pour cheese batter onto the biscuit base. Steam bake in preheated oven 180 deg cel for 60 mins until well set.
- Remove cake from oven and cool down for 10mins. Combine topping evenly. Pour topping over the cheesecake. Return to oven and bake at 180 deg cel for 15 mins till set.
- Chill cake (without removing pan) in fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.