Finally I've found a pretty flower looking pumpkin to try out this Quinoa Stuffed Pumpkin recipe! Arn't it beautiful?? ^0^ Visually is pretty but taste must be good too if not will spoil the whole dish hahaha....Believe me the quinoa rice stuffing (meatless) is real good, even my 4 year old girl requested for 2nd serving! Let's find out what's inside this little pumpkin.....
Clockwise : cooked mixed grains, cooked red quinoa, carrots, corn, peas, mushroom, red pepper
The pumpkin is not very large, only approx 5" in diameter
Topped with shredded mozzarella and baked till cheese melted
❤️ Kids Meal ❤️
- one 700gm pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 cup cooked mixed grains
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut the top of the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Drizzle over some olive oil and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 50mins.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add in carrots and mushroom and stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add in red peppers, corn and peas and mix evenly.
- Add in cooked quinoa and mixed grains and seasoning. Fry till grains are heated through.
- Can be served immediately or use to stuff pumpkin as below.
- Fill the roasted pumpkin with cooked rice mixture. Top with cheese. Grill at 200 deg cel for 5 mins until cheese melted.