This is a quick and simple Valentine's dessert to share with your loves ones. The kitchen is basically immerse in sweet vanilla fragrance while the vanilla apples were stewing! I love pairing the sweet vanilla apples and crispy buttery croutes with creamy Greek yogurt…..or a dollop of good vanilla ice cream also works wonder! ❤❤❤❤
Layer the sweet fruits with Greek yogurt
Recipe source : Nigella Express
- 60gm salted butter
- 2 Pink Lady apples
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices wholemeal bread, cut into heart shapes with a cookie cutter
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Finely slice the apple (not necessary to peel), approx 25 slices, add them into pan, cook for about 5 mins on each side.
- Add in vanilla and cook for about 8 mins, turning once, till caramelized.
- Remove the apples to a plate and add in the sweetheart croutes. Fry till golden brown.
- Arrange the croutes onto serving plate with the apples and sprinkle with some sugar. Alternatively, serve in a glass of greek yogurt layering with vanilla apples and peaches…
I’m submitting this post to Cook Your Books #9 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours