Oh weekend is around the corner!! Time to slow down and enjoy this coming short weekends :D Won't it be wonderful to laze around in the afternoon and enjoy a simple tea session with your love ones? ^0^ I hope everyone will have a nice & wonderful weekends ahead!
Recipe source : Anncoo Journal
- 150gm plain flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 150gm butter
- 120gm icing sugar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5gm Earl grey tea dust from 2 tea bags
- 15gm ground almond
- 1 tbsp fresh milk
- lemon zest from 1 large lemon
Lemon syrup for glazing : 50gm sugar + 100gm boiling water, stir well then add 2 tbsp lemon juice in it, mix well & set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder together twice, set aside.
- Cream butter, icing sugar and honey until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, add salt, tea dust, ground almonds, lemon zest and milk. Mix well.
- Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 45mins or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, unmould immediately and peel away parchment paper. Brush with lemon syrup while cake is still warm.
- Cool completely before serving.