❤❤❤ Happy Valentines' Day! ❤❤❤
Basic Rice Dumplings
- 200gm glutinous rice flour
- 160gm hot water
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- strawberry paste pink dough
- adequate amount of red bean paste or choice of your favorites fillings
- Put flour into a mixing bowl. Add in hot water and mix till a dough formed.
- Add in 1/2 tbsp oil one at time and knead lightly till all is blended.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Add in strawberry paste into one portion.
- Cling wrap and rest dough for an hour.
- Pinch a small amount of dough and with some fillings (I used 8gm filling for each ball) and seal tightly.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Drop in wrapped dumplings, in batches if necessary, cook over medium heat. The rice dumplings will float to the surface when is cooked through. Scoop up the dumplings and place them into another bowl of cold water. Ready to serve.
Rice Dumplings with Osmanthus & White Fungus
- 25gm white fungus, soak in water till soften
- 2 blades pandan leaves, knotted
- 20gm seedless red dates
- 2 tbsp osmanthus flower
- 200gm brown rock sugar
- Tear softened white fungus into bite size and trim away the hard base.
- Bring a pot of 2L water to boil. Add in white fungus, red dates and pandan leaves and cook on low heat for 1 hour.
- Add in sugar and osmanthus flower and boil till sugar is dissolved.
- Serve warm or cold with the dumplings.