Whenever mentioned Macau cuisine, the first thing that comes to my mind are usually Portuguese Egg Tarts, Portuguese Chicken, Macau Pork Chop Bun….very limited idea what else is common in Macau as I've yet to visit this lovely place ^0^ Thanks Wendy for linking me the recipe on Macau Minchee as I never come across this dish :D This is a traditional dish in Macau which is made with minced beef/pork, potatoes and onions and usually served with sides of green vegetables and fried egg. This dish keeps well when chilled and I find the flavors gets better the following day :D Even my hubby whom is not a fan of beef enjoy this Minchee and even packed a lunch box the next day.
Recipe source : Nasi Lemak Lover
- 300gm ground beef
- 250gm ground pork
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- dash of black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- Deep fry potato cubes till golden brown, dish up and set aside.
- Remain 3 tbsp of oil in the wok, sauté garlic and onion till soft and aromatic.
- Add in bay leaf, ground beef and pork, stir fry over medium high heat until the meat has turned white.
- Add in light and dark soy sauce, mix well.
- Cover wok and lower heat, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add in remaining seasoning and salt to taste.
- Add in fried potato cubes and mix well. Dish out.
- Serve with rice, vegetables and fried egg!