After making the ultimate sweet Pavlova, what to do with the extra whole egg yolks? Easily comes to my mind are cream brûlée, lemon curd, egg custard….sweets and more sweets! hahaha I want something savory!! In the end I managed to discover this lovely recipe and got rid of the 4 egg yolks ^0^
Added in egg yolks, butter, seasoning into the cooked/mashed potatoes
a bowl of creamy potatoes mixture!
lovely piped potato rosettes :D
These little gems indeed taste GOOD and they looked rather pretty too!
- 5 Ruseet Potatoes, approx 1050gm
- 4 whole egg yolks
- 60gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 100ml fresh milk
Glazing : combine 1 small egg with 1/4 cup milk
- Peel and cube potatoes. Steam in preheated steamer for 20 mins or until fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from steamer and place into a large mixing bowl. Mash till smooth. Cool for about 5 mins.
- Add in egg yolks, butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg and milk. Stir with a spatula to combine. Add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Transfer (in small batches) to a pastry bag and pipe through a large star tip (I used Wilton 1M) in a upward spiral motion onto a lined baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the piped potatoes with egg wash. (This is a little easier if you chilled the piped potatoes for at least 30mins)
- Bake at preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 12 mins or until golden brown around the edges.