Steamed fish is always a staple dish on our dining table as it is a healthy and simple dish to prepare and of course minimal cleaning which I like hehehe….I knew this dish will be well accepted therefore I slightly increase the seasoning sauce so that it is enough to go around :D
Simple concoction but yet taste so flavorful and appetizing! :D
- 1 Whole Seabass, approx 500gm (butterflied the fish)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 3 pickled garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp pickling liquid from pickled garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, reserved stems lining
- 2 stalk lemongrass, cut into halves
- Clean the fish thoroughly and pat dry with a kitchen paper (I got the fishmonger to butterfly the whole fish). Place lemongrass and cilantro stems on a steaming plate. Place the fish over. Smear the sesame oil over the fish.
- Steam the fish over preheated steamer on high heat for 7-10 mins, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by combining fish sauce, lime juice, chilli, chopped garlic/pickled garlic, sugar and pickling liquid together. Adjust taste accordingly.
- When the fish is done, combine chopped cilantro with sauce. Pour the sauce all over the fish. Serve immediately.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest ( Thailand ) - November Month hosted by Lena of frozen wings