I love the Hokkaido Milk Bread so much that I've bake another one with a twist! I can't wait to try it out when I found this idea from a facebook link :D Come help yourself with a slice of juicy watermelon! hahaha Doesn't it looks like the real fruit? My hubby could not help grinning when I serve him a slice of this 'fruit' ^0^
Just an ordinary loaf bread by the look of its exterior, waiting to be awed when you sliced it!!
It isn't difficult to make this! Just roll and wrap the tinted dough according to sequence :D
Ingredient (one 20cm x 10cm x 10cm loaf)
- 270gm bread flour
- 30gm cake flour
- 1.5 tsp instant yeast
- 30gm milk powder
- 40gm sugar
- 9gm salt
- 30gm beaten egg
- 125gm milk
- 75gm whipping cream
- 1 tsp red yeast powder
- 1 tsp green tea powder
- 40gm raisins, chopped
- Place all the dry ingredient into a mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and whipping cream. Stir to mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredient. Use a scrapper to mix it into a rough dough.
- Divide dough into 3 portions : 40% : 40% : 20%. Knead red yeast powder + raisins and green tea powder into each 40% portion leaving the 20% portion plain. Knead all the dough individually for 10mins until smooth and elastic. Cover with a damp cloth and proof for 60mins or until double in bulk.
- Take out the dough and lightly knead. Rest for 20mins.
- Roll out the red yeast dough into a rectangular shape. Roll up like a swiss roll. Set aside.
- Roll out the white dough large enough to encase the red yeast dough.
- Place the rolled red yeast dough onto the middle of the white dough. Wrap up and seal the edge tightly. Set aside.
- Roll out the green tea dough into rectangle shape. Place step (8) onto the middle of the green tea dough and wrap up. Seal the edge tightly.
- Place the loaf, seam side down, into the loaf pan. Proof for 60mins until it fills up 90% of the pan. Place on the lid pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 35mins.
- Unmould and cool on wire rack completely before slicing.
Sliced and cut into triangles to resemble the real fruit!