After baking the tapioca cake, with some balance tapioca therefore decided to make this little dessert. Surprisingly my boy loves this alot especially the thick coconut cream >.< I've twit the recipe slightly by simmering the steamed tapioca in the sugar syrup therefore it looks slightly on the darker side :)
- 500gm peeled tapioca, cut into 5cm long
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- Steam the peeled tapioca in a preheated steamer for 30-45mins until translucent and softened.
- Put the palm sugar and water in wide pan and bring to boil till sugar is well dissolved.
- Put in steamed tapioca and simmer for 5 mins, turning frequently to ensure all sides are well coated with the sugar syrup.
- Remove tapioca and place on serving plate. Drizzle with coconut sauce and serve.
coconut sauce : Put all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to boil till the coconut milk thickens.
- 200ml coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 pandan leaf, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp tapioca flour