Unlike the past few Middle Eastern dishes I've prepared, this is the far most well accepted by my the other half, no more 'complains' from him hehehe…..Even my boy whom seldom like cauliflower even had quite a mouthful of this dish! Instead of using the oven for baking the chicken, I prepared these both dishes with the Happy Call Pan! Pretty amazing that the pan able to create charred and smoky dishes like an oven ^0^
Recipe source : theguardian.com
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 450gm cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic, finely chopped
- 15gm chopped parsley
- 15gm chopped mint
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3-5 tbsp lemon juice + zest of a lemon
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses, plus more to finish
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat up happy call pan. Toss cauliflower florets evenly with 2 tbsp olive oil and place them onto the pan in a single layer, it will just fits in nicely. Cook over medium low heat for 5 mins until the base is slightly charred.
- Gently overturn the florets, cover lid and cook for another 3-5 mins until the other side is charred. Do not overcook if not it will lose its crunch. Transfer to a plate and lightly sprinkle with a little salt.
- To make the sauce : Combine tahini paste, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses and seasoning evenly. Add in a few tbsp of water one at a time to reach a smooth pourable consistency. Adjust taste to your desired, you may want to add more lemon juice or salt. Stir in chopped herbs and mix evenly.
- Toss in cooked cauliflower in the sauce. Garnish with some pomegranate seeds and mint, drizzle with tsp of pomegranate molasses and serve.
Recipe source : cookforyourlife.org
Ingredient (2 servings)
- 2 whole chicken leg (approx 250gm each)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
For glaze : combine 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses and 1 tbsp honey
- Combine chopped garlic, paprika, rosemary, orange juice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil and salt in a ziplog bag. Add in whole chicken leg. Seal the bag tightly. Toss the bag gently to allow the chicken leg to coat evenly with the marinade. Chill over night.
- Heat up happy call pan and lightly greased some olive oil.
- Drain away marinade, place in chicken leg with skin side down. Lower heat and cover pan. Cook for 15 mins. Shake the pan occasionally to prevent the base from scorching.
- Open lid and turn the chicken over, glaze the chicken generously (need not use up all) cook for another 10 mins with lid lightly close (do not lock).
- Turn off heat and cool down slightly. Top with more glaze and serve with pilaf rice or salad.