This Thai vermicelli salad is different from the usual Yum Woon Sen which uses simply dressing like fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar. With some balanced Thai 3-Flavoured Sauce I've made, I come up with this simple Thai flavored vermicelli salad :D We all , except hubby whom hate prawn, simply enjoy slurping up this dish! ^0^
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 150gm bean vermicelli, soak till softened
- 300gm squid, cleaned and sliced
- 220gm medium prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1 canned straw mushroom, sliced into half
- 2 heap tbsp dried shrimps, softened
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 tbsp thai 3-flavoured sauce
- 2 stalk spring onion, diced
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, add dried shrimps and fried till crispy, drained well.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, blanched vermicelli for a while till translucent. Drain well and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using the same pot of hot water, bring to boil again and cook mushroom, squid and prawns for about 1-2 mins. Do not overcook. Drain well and transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Add in sliced tomatoes, spring onion and sauce. Toss well and serve immediately!