This is our simple lunch today! One and only dish with along a bowl of warm rice :D A simple and healthy dish which packed with protein but low in fats & calories!
These are a few varieties of tofu I've chosen for this dish to make it looks more interesting. You can replaced with normal plain firm tofu if they are not readily available :D
- 100gm yellow tofu, sliced
- 100gm black tofu, sliced
- 100gm Baiye tofu (白页豆腐), shredded
- 80gm oyster mushroom
- 80gm fresh shiitake mushroom
- 100gm enoki mushroom
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30gm carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk spring onion, chopped
Braising sauce :
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch water
- Combine water and sugar together. Simmer over low heat till sugar dissolves. Add in soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice wine. Cook briefly and turn off heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, sauté onion till soft and fragrant. Add in garlic and fry briefly.
- Add in carrots, shiitake mushroom & oyster mushroom and mix evenly.
- Pour in 1.5 cup braising sauce into the pan.
- Add in all tofu and toss evenly. Cover pan and braise on low heat for 10mins.
- Open lid and add in enoki mushroom and spring onion. Cook for another 1 min.
- Add in cornstarch water to thicken the sauce. Serve.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cakeat this post.
I am linking this to Cook Your Books #5 hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.