Finally found this homemade luncheon meat recipe whereby the texture and taste are near to the canned version!! This is definitely healthier without traces of preservative and colorings. Moreover homemade ones you are able to adjust the saltiness level you preferred :) Will you still buy canned spam meat if you are able to make this healthy version one at home?? ^.*
- Combine all seasoning with minced pork and mix well.
- Add in egg whites and stir till mixture binds together.
- Add in corn flour and cake flour, and stir till mixture is in sticky form. (stir vigorously in one direction for about 1-2mins). Add in water in between the stirring.
- Lightly grease a heatproof ramekin, spoon in meat mixture in 3 batches, each time spread and press out the layer evenly to remove any air bubbles.
- Cover the ramekin and steam over preheated steamer for 35 mins or until cook through.
- Cool down completely before slicing.
- For serving , pan-fry the slices till golden brown or chill the remaining in fridge for 3-4 days.
after steaming & cooling down...
slice and ready to pan fry :)
serve with your favourite noodles!
Wild yam & black sesame noodle (available at Yue Hwa Store in Chinatown) in Chicken Broth