This particular soup recipe is taught by my mother-in-law :) She told me Angelica roots with apples actually helps to 'cool' down and nourish our body. I never try this combination before and was rather curious with its taste. This soup is also kids friendly and am very eager to try it out :) Verdict : the soup has a bittersweet aftertaste which my kids do not really like it, but I still managed to coax them finish their a small bowl the soup >0<
- 500gm chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 large red apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 5gm Angelica roots 当归
- 1 honey dates
- 6 seedless red dates
- salt to taste
- Marinate chicken pieces with 1 tbsp chinese wine & 1/2 tsp salt for 30mins.
- Place all ingredients, except salt, in a deep casserole. Add in 4 cups water.
- Double boiled in a preheated steamer for 3 hours. Add salt to taste.