Do you know that soymilk can be incorporated in your daily cooking like soup, egg custard etc? Sometimes when I do not have milk available for my baking, I will substitute it with soymilk, unsweetened one of course :) My boy actually finished up 1.5 portion of the small ramekin. Great that my kids loves this dish as am afraid they will detest it 'cos of the cauliflower :p
- 200ml fresh soymilk, unsweetened
- 150gm cauliflower florets
- 5 fresh shitake mushroom, diced
- 20gm carrots, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25gm butter
- 20gm plain flour
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil, blanch cauliflower, carrots & mushroom. Drain away water.
- Melt butter in a pan, saute onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in flour and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in #1 and mix evenly.
- Stir in soymilk and seasoning and bring to boil.
- Add in 2 slices cheddar cheese and mix evenly till dissolved. Turn off heat.
- Ladle cauliflower mixture into individual ramekins. Top with balanced cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10mins.
- Serve warm.
Recipe source : 健康生活豆主张