I discovered this recipe in a chinese magazine, but it stated 20mins to simmer the seafood which I think most probably will be overcooked by then >.< Therefore I twitted the cooking method by cooking the rice in happycall pan first, then place the seafood over and simmer till cooked. Though I cooked the seafood for about 10mins, some of the seafood like squid and prawn have turned slightly tough....But is still a wholesome one dish rice meal and looks rather spectacular when the seafood is being neatly arranged on top of the rice!
assorted seafood ingredients...
- 100gm brown rice
- 200gm white rice
- 650ml water
- 130gm kanimi, crab leg
- 100gm shelled clams
- 200gm salmon, sliced
- 120gm squid, sliced
- 6 large prawns
- 30gm carrot, sliced & lightly blanched
- spring onion for garnishing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices ginger
- 5 tbsp thick teriyaki sauce
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 3 tsp miso paste
- 3 tbsp water
- Rinse rice and soak for at least 30mins.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a saucepan, saute ginger until fragrant.
- Add sauce ingredient and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Drain rice and place together with the water into happycall pan. Bring to boil. Cover pan and simmer on lowest heat till water is almost evaporated.
- Arrange seafood over the rice, spoon the sauce evenly over the seafood. Add in blanched carrots.
- Cover pan and simmer on low heat for another 8-10mins.
- Open the lid (to prevent the steam from further cooking the seafood) and rest the rice in pan for another 30mins before serving.