What's the best way to get rid of the balanced egg whites after making the mango curd? I do not want to freeze them as I've still have another 4 frozen egg whites in my freezer!! So here is my another 1st attempt on Angel Food Cake! :D Oh this chiffon cake is so white and fluffy and my boy actually thought it is bread when I served him this >.<
After chilling the mango curd overnight, it has set beautifully which I am able to do some simple piping over a slice of the angel food cake :) Simply loves the colours combination of this dessert!
- 40gm cake flour, sifted
- 100gm sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Combine 50gm of the sugar with cake flour and mix well.
- In a clean dry bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Beat in lemon juice.
- Add in balanced 50gm sugar gradually and beat on high speed until stiff peak formed. Beat in vanilla paste.
- Sift over the flour mixture in batches and fold gently into the whites.
- Pour mixture in an ungreased tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins.
- Remove from oven and overturn the pan on a wire rack to cool completely before unmoulding.
- Slice and serve with mango curd.
can you see the brown specks? ^.^ they are vanilla seeds from the vanilla paste I've used