How do you like your sandwich bread to be served? Bored with usual butter or jam? Why not try this pork chop sandwich!? Spread some butter over slices of your favourite bread, layer with some lettuce and cheese slice and top with a slice of crunchy pork chop. Top with another layer of buttered bread and grill in sandwich maker for 3 mins until golden brown. Voila my wholesome pork chop sandwich is ready!! Think of it still makes me drool :P
Pork Chops Sandwich
Job's Tear Bread
- 100gm dried job's tear
- 400ml water
- 250ml job's tear puree
- 270gm bread flour
- 30gm wholemeal flour
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15gm sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Soak dried job's tear in 400ml water overnight. Steam together with the liquid in preheated steamer until soften. Measure 150gm cooked job's tear and 100gm of the liquid and blend till smooth.
- Combine the job's tear puree (reserve 1/4 and add in gradually) with all the ingredients and knead till a smooth and elastic dough is formed. Cover with a damp cloth and proof for 60mins until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release gas. Knead lightly. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Rest for 10mins.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape. Roll up like a swiss roll. Rest for another 10mins.
- Roll out the dough again about 40 cm x 10cm in length. Roll up and place into a loaf pan. Mist the surface with some water and proof for another 1hr - 1.5hr until it reaches the rim of the pan.
- Glaze the surface with beaten egg and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35min until golden brown.
- Unmould bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.