I baked this oriental style chicken for our previous christmas meal and it was well received by my hubby and kids :) See their fingers-licking good picture hehehe....
Recipe source : Sweet Coco
- 1 medium chicken
- 3 piece red fermented tofu 南乳
- 3 tbsp red fermented tofu sauce
- 5 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red apple, diced
- 20 pieces roasted chestnuts
- red apple wedges & gooseberry for garnishing
- Combine all marination in a bowl.
- Clean chicken thoroughly, discard the legs and head. Pour the marination over and rub evenly inside out.
- Allow to marinate overnight, turning the chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from the marination and place on a roasting pan.
- Toss the diced apples and roasted chestnuts into the reserved marination. Stuff the mixture into the cavity of the chicken. Seal up with a skewer.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 1.5 hours. Meanwhile bring the reserved marination to boil. Brush the sauce evenly over the chicken every 20mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Rest the chicken for 30mins before serving.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast (Feb 2013) hosted by SSB of Small Small World.