My over bloomed flower bun >.< I followed the recipe using 20cm ring pan and too small to fit in all the dough! I've got a normal 8" cake pan but never thought of changing to a larger pan. Just squeeze in all the cut rolls and in the end not enough space for it to proof :P After 30mins of 2nd proofing the dough started to 'overflow'. Arggghhh...dun care just preheat my oven and bake it immediately. While the bread is baking, I knew I would have problem removing the bread as I added extra cheese to it :P Indeed some melted cheese got stuck at the bottom of the pan! But manage to remove without much damage hehehe...If am going to bake this again, will just put the cut rolls into individual cases ^.^
Spring Onion & Ham Cheese Bread Roll
- 180gm bread flour
- 55gm cake flour
- 15gm milk powder
- 30gm sugar
- 3 gm salt
- 5 gm instant yeast
- 30gm beaten egg
- 65gm water
- 70gm Tang Zhong
- 25gm unsalted butter, softened
- 100gm spring onion, chopped
- 100gm honey ham, chopped
- 50gm cheddar cheese, grated
- black pepper
- white sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients, except butter, and knead into a dough formed. Add in butter and knead for 10mins until a smooth and elastic dough is formed. Cover and proof for 60mins.
- Punch down proofed dough and knead lightly. Rest for another 15mins.
- Roll out dough into a 30cm x 25cm rectangular. Brush some beaten egg over the dough, leaving a 1 cm at the edge unglazed. Sprinkle fillings evenly over and roll up the dough and seal the edge tightly. Slice the roll into 1/2, and divide each slice into 3 equal rolls.
- Place rolls into a greased 9" ring mould and proof for another 60mins until double in bulk.
- Glaze with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds over. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins or until golden brown. Unmould immediately and cool on rack.