Ho! Ho! Ho! Can't get enough of x'mas tree motif bakes?! Matcha red bean buns shaped into Christmas tree is so like a heavenly matched ^.^
Recipe source : Happy Home Making
- 150gm bread flour
- 50gm cake flour
- 1 tsp green tea powder
- 15gm caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 130gm milk
- 15gm unsalted butter
- 240gm red bean paste
- milk for glazing
- Sift flour in a mixing bowl, add the remaining dry ingredient and stir to mix well.
- Add milk gradually and knead into a smooth dough. Add butter and knead till the dough is smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a smooth round and place in a mixing bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it rise till double in volume for about 1 1/2 hrs.
- Remove dough and give a few light kneading on a lightly floured work surface. Press out the trapped air as your knead. Divide into 12 equal portions and shape into balls. Cover with damp kitchen towel, let the doughs rest for 15 mins.
- Wrap each dough with red bean paste. Arrange dough on lined baking sheet. Proof for another 45 mins.
- Glaze each bun with milk bake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for about 20mins. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #26 – Creative Christmas Motif Bakes! hosted by Alan of Travellingfoodies