Steamed Honey Chicken
- 1 kampong chicken
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 30gm ginger, sliced
- 1 stalk spring onion, knotted
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Rub skin with salt and wine for at least 1 hour.
- Stuff garlic, ginger & spring onion into the cavity of the chicken. Rub all over with honey.
- Place chicken on a plate and steam in preheated steamer over high heat for 30mins until cooked. Remove from heat. Cool completely before cutting into pieces. Serve with dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Ingredient
- 2 stalks spring onion, shredded
- 100gm fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fried shallot oil
- Heat sesame oil & shallot oil in a saucepan.
- Add spring onion, ginger and seasoning and simmer for 1 min. Remove from heat. Serve with steamed chicken.
Recipe source : Famous Cuisine