Terengganu cuisine is really alien to me! It is really an eye opener after I've read up Lena's write up on Terengganu! :) I hereby present a simple and light salad which I never try before hahaha...this actually taste good! almost like Rojak without the shrimp paste taste :) spicy, sour and slightly pungent.
- Organic Pak Choy, thinly sliced
- Japanese cucumber, julienned
- Carrots, grated
- Sweet Basil, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves, shredded
- Roasted peanuts, crushed
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Hard boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- some fish crackers
Salad Dressing (500ml)
- 500ml tamarind juice
- 5 dried chillies, softened
- 8 shallots
- 1 tbsp bean paste
- 5 tbsp granulated palm sugar or to taste
To make dressing :
- Blend chilli, shallots, bean paste & belacan together with tamarind juice.
- Pour mixture into a pot and bring to boil.
- Add gula melaka and cook till slightly reduce and thicker.
- Cool and store in fridge till use. Can be keep up to a month.
To serve : In a mixing bowl, toss all vegetables, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds and some salad dressing until evenly mixed. Serve with hard boiled egg, fish crackers and more peanuts and sesame seeds if you like!.