- 300gm glutinous rice, soaked for 4 hours
- 8 dried shitake mushroom, softened and finely diced
- 50gm dried shrimps, softened and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp preserved radish, soaked and rinsed
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- fried shallots, roasted peanuts & spring onion for garnish
- Drain soaked glutinous rice thoroughly and add 200 - 220ml water (I added in reserved liquid from soaked mushroom and shrimps) , steam over preheated steamer for 20mins until cook through.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, saute shallots, garlic, preserved radish, shrimps & mushroom for 3 mins until fragrant and lightly brown.
- Add in salt and mix evenly.
- Add in steamed rice and the rest of the seasoning and mix well. Remove from heat. Garnish and serve.
Lovely cuppa of Rose Green Tea (1 sachet green tea bag + 200ml hot water + 5 dried rose buds) to serve with the savoury glutinous rice!