Who dun like jellies raise up ur hands?! hahaha guess no one will reject this sweet little jelly! I super like this jelly not to mention my kids!! No artificial colourings and flavorings, just made with pure sweet strawberries! I followed the recipe to the dot and did not reduce the sugar content, and the result is yummy!!
Recipe adapted from Wendy's Blog
- 2 cups chopped strawberry (make sure to use ripen strawberries!)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp gelatine
- Put chopped strawberry, water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Mashed the strawberry while it comes to a boiling point.
- Simmer for a min till fruit is soft.
- Remove from fire and strain the mixture.
- Sprinkle gelatine over the hot liquid and stir to dissolve.
- Add in lemon juice and stir well.
- Pour the liquid into jelly mould/ cups and chill till set.
- Serve directly in cups or dip the mould briefly in hot water and overturn (shake the mould gently) onto serving plate...
I'm are submitting your post to Aspiring Bakers #24 (October 2012) : Jellies & Puddings hosted by Charmaine of MiMi Bakery House