Looks good? My kids do not fancy the sourish balsamic chicken & vege but the mashed is well received them :D
- 2 whole chicken leg
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small yellow capsicum
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 200 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 400gm russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I used plain yoghurt)
- 30gm butter
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Arrange chicken, capsicum, onion, garlic and thyme in a large roasting pan.
- Pour in half of the marinade over the chicken and vegetables. Reserve the balance marinade.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15mins. Add in cherry tomatoes and stir to mix and bake for another 25mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Combine the pan juices and reserved marinade. Stir over low heat until thickened.
- To cook mash : steam or boiled potato until tender. Mash while it still hot. Add in sour cream, butter, spring onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange vegetables on a serving plate and place chicken over. Drizzle sauce over and serve with champ mash with extra sauce.