'clap clap clap' I'm so happy with my 2nd attempt on the pullman tin ^.^ It risen beautiful, almost overfilled :P I made use of the proofing time and went out to do a quick marketing. Upon reaching home I quickly went to check the pan, and it already risen beyond the pan. So I actually press down slightly and tried to close up with the lid >.<" Luckily did not cause the bread to be out of shape.
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh 'Baking Code'
Ingredient (makes 1 loaf 20cm x 10cm)
- 280gm bread flour
- 40gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 10gm milk powder
- 5gm instant yeast
- 75gm overnight sponge dough **
- 30gm beaten egg
- 135gm water
- 35gm butter
**Sponge Dough : 50gm bread flour, 30gm water, 1/4 tsp instant yeast , knead together and proof for 30mins and cling wrap, chill in fridge overnight or up to 48hours.
Method (hand knead)
- Mix bread flour, sugar, salt, milk powder & yeast together. Tear sponge dough into pieces and combine with the flour mixture.
- Add in egg and water and knead to form a dough.
- Add in butter and knead the dough till smooth and elastic, about 15mins. Cover and proof for 1 hour until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly, divide dough into 3 equal portions, approx 200gm each. Shape into round and rest for 10mins.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin. Roll it up like a swiss roll. Rest for another 10mins. Repeat process and roll out into a 40cm x 10cm sheet. Roll up and place into a greased loaf tin. Proof for another 1 hour until 80% full of the loaf tin, cover it with the lid.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 35-40mins. Unmould immediately and cool completely on rack before slicing.