What can I say about this dish? Simple to cook, nothing complicated and taste wholesomely wonderful!! ^.^ I never resist spicy food, the hotter the better hehehe...But this particular dish is more sweet with touch of spiciness. Maybe I'm used to having spicy stuff, I do not find it spicy at all hahaha at least the heat is acceptable for my kids >.<
Recipe adapted from Table for 2
- 850gm chicken parts (I used 2 whole chicken leg and 5 drumsticks)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- dash of pepper
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cm ginger
- 2 red chilli
- 2 inches cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Marinate chicken with salt, turmeric and pepper for at least 30mins.
- Mill shallots, ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Heat wok and put in 1/2 cup oil. Pan fry chicken pieces until the skin turns golden. Dish up.
- Remove some of the oil (set aside for nasi goreng), leaving behind about 2 tbsp oil.
- Saute the milled ingredients on medium heat until it looks glossy, put in dry spices and sliced onion and sauté until the onions looks translucent and wilts.
- Put in the rest of the ingredients and chicken into the wok and cook until the gravy reduces and the chicken is cooked through. Dish up and serve.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 bowls cooked rice
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 chilli padi, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- Heat oil in wok, saute chopped garlic and chilli padi.
- Add in cooked rice and seasoning, mix well on high heat. Dish up and serve.
Recipe by Peng's Kitchen
Tomato, Cucumber & Onion Salsa
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple wine vinegar with lingonberry (from Ikea)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Cut into cubes.
- Cut the cucumber and onion into cubes.
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and toss evenly to mix.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour for the flavour to infuse before serving.