Today is a happy day or otherwise to some parents! If your child is enrolling for Primary One in 2013 you should know why....Balloting for Phase 2C commence today! drum rolling......me is one of the happy parent today hahaha. Yes my son got into Mee Toh Primary School through balloting! Such a stressful and exciting experience for me :) Ahhhhh time flies...my son will be attending Primary 1 and my 2nd daughter attending playgroup next year! Exciting year 2013! >.<
Yesterday cooked this dish for my kids and they loves it cos is sweet! hehehe...no sugar added, the sweetness came from the red dates itself! I actually cooked some noodles to go with the flavourful and nutritious broth and they slurped up everything :)
Recipe adapted from Yum Yum 新新饮食
Ingredient (2 adults + 2 kids servings)
- 2 whole chicken leg
- 2 chicken drumstick
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 80gm large red dates, seeded & sliced
- 30pcs dried lotus seeds, soak for 30mins
- 20gm YuZhu, 玉竹
- 1 heap tbsp wolfberries
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 500ml water
- 2 tsp chicken stock granules
- Coat chicken pieces with dark soy sauce and set aside for 30mins. Turning occasionally to the sauce evenly.
- Combine red dates, lotus seeds, yu zhu and wolfberries with water and seasoning. Bring to boil for a min. Remove from heat.
- Heat some oil in pan, pan fried chicken pieces till golden brown on both sides.
- Place chicken in a deep casserole, add in herbs liquid. Steam over preheated steamer on high heat for 45mins. Serve hot.