Unlike the Tofu Fah I've done the other time, this Tofu Longan is infused with longan syrup and sweetened with sugar. But the texture is as good as old-fashioned soybean pudding :) smooth and wobbling!!
To show my support 'Make & Eat Tau Huay Day' a fun event initiated by Alan of Travelling Foodies , I dressed up my humble plain soy pudding with a layer of black sesame paste!
Recipe adapted from Table for 2
- 1 level Tbsp Agar-agar powder (8gm)
- 1L water
- 250gm sugar
- 2 blades pandan leaf, tied into a knot
- 1L thick unsweetened soy milk (I used Sobe Brand)
- 150ml evaporated milk
- 150ml canned longan syrup (from the longan can)
- Canned longans
- Prepare containers / jelly cups. Place 2 longans or more into each container.
- Cook sugar, 750ml water and pandan leaf until water boils.
- Mix agar-agar powder with 250ml water and pour into (2). Bring to a boil again, simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Put in soy milk, evaporated milk and longan syrup. Mix well.
- Pour soy mixture into prepared containers.
- Let them cool down and set. Chill in fridge before serving.
This was a batch of Tofu Longan which I did last month for my family gathering which was very well received !! :) My cousins even requested for the recipe! :)
Hello Kitty Soy Pudding anyone?? Flavoured with strawberry paste :)